Don’t Put a Pin On Pinterest
As marketers, we find ourselves looking at data day in and day out. We look for trends in consumer behavior and how we can target specific interests. What if I told you there was a cyber hub where millions of people laid out their VERY specific interests for you to tap into? And better yet, for your content to reach them in an organic format, even if it's paid for!
Let's talk Pinterest.Before we dive into how you can use this platform for your content,, here are some demo specs that’ll blow your mind:
The platform now has 431 million monthly active users
97% of the top searches on Pinterest are unbranded
85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects
Advertisers can reach more than 200 million people on Pinterest
75% of weekly Pinterest users say they’re always shopping
So exactly why should these stats blow your mind? Here are some major reasons:
- Pinterest users are not searching for brands. This means the user isn’t typing in ‘new Nike sneakers’ if they’re looking for footwear, but are looking up ‘2022 footwear trends’. This is a huge opportunity to utilize that keyword research we know you’re doing and plug it into some high-converting advertisement!
- Pinterest users are unique. When it comes to user behavior, this platform is truly different. Users typically engage in the platform with a positive mindset, which is unsurprisingly the reason for higher conversion and click-through rates. The click-through rate benchmark for Promoted Pins is 0.20%. However, with an enticing image, content-focused landing page, and relevant audience targeting, a CTR closer to 0.30% is well within reach.
- Pinterest users are never not shopping! Since users are coming to this platform with an open mind, they are willing to ‘hear you out!’ A promoted pin does not have a different format than a regular one so users are more likely to tap on the pin to expand on the creative.
So, how will YOU use this platform? Here are some ideas for content that will resonate with your audience:
- Offer 3 - 5 reasons to enroll in a program you offer
- Advertise an online course
- Provide 3-5 reasons your product will appeal to your audience
- Share your brand’s blog
- Utilize lifestyle images to build a board that will drive users to your site
Want to learn more about this platform and how IOI is utilizing it to drive leads to our client’s sites? Contact us today!