What’s a Telltale Trait of a Bad Marketer? Being Anti-social.
So your social media presence needs a revamp, but where do you start? It may seem like a daunting and tedious task to audit your social media accounts across each platform, but we promise your efforts will be rewarded!
A social media audit is a useful tool that gives you insight into whether your social strategy aligns with your overall business goals and it isn’t as scary as it sounds! It can help measure your success and will identify strengths and weaknesses that will give you an idea of where you can improve and the steps you can take to take your business to the next level.
- First things first, make a list of all your social media profiles. This will give you a high level view of which platforms you have a presence on.
- Next, identify the goals you have for each platform. Since each one is different, you’ll need to determine how you should best use each.
- Ensure your branding and language are consistent across all platforms. This helps represent your brand and create an awareness of who you are.
- Analyze your social media insights. You can spot trends and understand the analytics behind what you’re posting.
- Determine your top-performing social posts. You’ll be able to identify what’s working well and what needs improvement.
- Figure out where your social media traffic is going. Once they navigate to your platform, where are you sending them and what are you asking them to do?
- Look at your demographics. Review who your customers are, what age groups are present on each platform, the various locations around the country/globe that are driving the most traffic, and when they’re most active. This is important in helping you tailor your content to your audience.
- Research new social media platforms. Social media is constantly evolving and new, popular platforms are always popping up. Being on the forefront of up and coming social platforms is a great way to elevate your brand.
- Finally, using what you’ve learned from your audit, come up with actionable items and objectives that you’d like to achieve.
While the thought of performing a full-fledged social media audit seems intimidating, it will leave you with a laser-focused strategy for each of your social media channels. It will also allow you to optimize your social media marketing efforts in a proactive way.
Are you ready to take your social media presence to the next level? Let us help! Your social media (and potentially your life) will never be the same.