It's that time of the year again.
While we think a lot about personal new year's resolutions to exercise more, eat healthier, etc., have you thought about a new year’s goals for your business?
Yes, it's cliche, but it's also super important.
If you don’t program your GPS, how can you get to your destination?
Establishing goals for your business is the best communication tool to your employees, vendors and partners.
The best marketing agency in the world can’t help you if you don’t know where you want to go.
So where do you start?
This is important because you need to know where your business is today.
Questions to consider:
- What were your most successful products/services, and why??
- What did you do really well in 2021? What could you improve on?
- What is your company the best at?
- How many leads did you get in 2021 and how did that compare to the prior year?
- Do you know your close ratio? What is it? What should it be?
- What opportunities, if any, did you leave on the table in 2021?
- How did your team perform in 2021?
From here I encourage you to think about what you’d like to see accomplished in 2022 and beyond.
- Are you launching a new product or service?
- How much do you want to grow and can you grow in 2022?
- Do you want more of a certain type of client?
- Is there a specific vertical market you’d like to expand into?
- Can you enhance or create better systems or processes for your team to maximize results?
- What does growth look like to you this year?
It's important to be specific with your goals (SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound). There are a ton of articles on goal setting, so I won’t bore you with that here.
The important thing is to revisit these goals often.
Goals are NOT a “set it and forget it” exercise.
Write them down.
Share them with your team.
Regularly evaluate progress.
Do you have goals in 2022 that we can help you accomplish or maybe one of our world-famous marketing & sales audits is what you need to get the ball rolling?